15 Rosary Promises
The following rewards of the Rosary promises are very valuable, since we must
cooperate with God's grace in order to earn eternal life.
They enable us to accept God's grace and follow His commands more readily.
Mary made 15 promises to those who say the Rosary daily. You will find them below plus the meaning of each one.
Also available is a downloadable list of the 15 promises to be printed and distributed freely whether they are for bible study, youth group, CCD classes
or to include with your rosaries you send to missions. You surely will be rewarded for promoting the Rosary.
She told these promises to St. Dominic...
1. To all those who shall pray my Rosary devoutly, I promise my special protection and great graces.
What a consoling thought, having the Queen of Heaven and earth's special protection.
2. Those who shall persevere in the recitation of my Rosary will receive some special grace.
As you can see, you must persevere and say the Rosary daily to receive these promises.
3. The Rosary will be a very powerful armor against hell; it will destroy vice, deliver from sin and dispel heresy.
Just imagine the serenity and peace that comes from knowing for certain you are going to heaven. Sin hurts your soul and in the long run makes you unhappy.
Being a slave to your vices is unbearable. Mary will keep you safe from your own bad habits.
How reassuring to know you will be free from falling for false teachings especially
during these times when as St. Paul says in his second letter to Timothy,
"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound
doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers,
having itching ears"
-2 Timothy 4:3
4. The Rosary will make virtue and good works flourish, and will obtain for souls the most abundant divine mercies. It will draw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire of eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
Divine mercies describe the mercy of Jesus. When you die He will bestow His
boundless mercy upon you.
Knowing that you will be treated with the utmost love and forgiveness can
bring much comfort when reviewing your mistakes and shortcomings.
Mary greatly desires that we become more holy by praying the Rosary everyday.
This promise complements what St. Paul says in Romans 12:3.
"And be not conformed to this world; but be reformed in
the newness of your mind, that you may prove what is the good, and the acceptable,
and the perfect will of God."
Return to Promote the Rosary page
5. Those who trust themselves to me through the Rosary will not perish.
6. Whoever recites my Rosary devoutly reflecting on the mysteries, shall never be overwhelmed by misfortune. He will not experience the anger of God nor will he perish by an unprovided death. The sinner will be converted; the just will persevere in grace and merit eternal life.
You may experience misfortune but you can rest assured that you will never be overwhelmed by it.
By "unprovided death" the promise means that your soul will be prepared for the final judgement before you die.
Return to Promote the Rosary
7. Those truly devoted to my Rosary shall not die without the sacraments of the Church.
This is truly a wonderful promise. Last Rites is one of the seven sacraments.
When a person is sick or injured and in danger of dying they receive this sacrament.
It involves the certain prayers and anointing with holy oil by a priest.
Sometimes the recipient's health is regained. But even if they do not get well
they will experience an increase of grace and they will be strengthened against temptation.
The most important benefit of receiving this sacrament is that it prepares you
to enter into heaven by forgiving your sins and cleaning your soul which has been stained due to the effects of sin.
"Is any one among you sick? Let him bring in the presbyters
of the Church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name
of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the sick man, and the Lord will
raise him up, and if he be in sins, they shall be forgiven him."
By this promise, you can be confident and rest assured that you will receive this
very important and beneficial sacrament before you die.
8. Those who are faithful to recite my Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plenitude of His graces and will share in the merits of the blessed.
Nothing can be more reassuring than this promise that give the hope of spending a life and particularly at the moment of death, being showered with God's grace and receiving the prayers of the saints already in heaven.
9. I will deliver promptly from purgatory souls devoted to my Rosary.
Purgatory is a place of cleansing. It is God's mudroom.
Here you will be cleansed of all the effects that sin has caused in your soul.
The most horrible thing about purgatory is the fact that you know God, but you cannot be with Him.
This longing is agonizing...
Yet it is very joyful because you know that you will eventually go to heaven, it's just a matter of time.
Here Mary promises that your time there will be brief.
10. True children of my Rosary will enjoy great glory in heaven.
11. What you shall ask through my Rosary you shall obtain.
Stressed? Worried? Anxious? Pray the Rosary every day.
If you persevere in this, ALL you ask, you will receive.
12. To those who propagate my Rosary I promise aid in all their necessities.
You will be assisted in all your needs if you encourage others to pray the Rosary.
Help share this wonderful tool that has brought so much peace and serenity into your life.
Teach it to your family.
Tell your friends about this site.
If your life has been impacted please share this with those you love.
Return to Promote the Rosary
13. I have obtained from my Son that all the members of the Rosary Confraternity shall have as their intercessors, in life and in death, the entire celestial court.
Because Mary is our Advocate, she assists us during our life and at our death.
The Celestial Court is better known as the Communion of Saints.
The Saints already in heaven pray for us on earth.
All the Saints will ask God to supply for your needs if you become a member of the Rosary Confraternity.
The Rosary Confraternity [new window will open] is a world-wide group whose members pray the fifteen decade Rosary at least once a week.
It is entrusted to the Dominican order, the order of priests founded by St. Dominic.
Since the Holy Father has recently added the five luminous mysteries, we encourage
members of the Confraternity to include that extra weekly Rosary.
However, we have as yet received no official statement regarding this matter.
Those who recite only the fifteen traditional mysteries will continue to share
in the benefits of the Confraternity until some official source declares the contrary.
"Whenever a person fulfills his obligation of reciting the
Rosary according to the rule of the Confraternity, he includes in his intentions
all its members, and they in turn render him the same service many times over."
-Pope Leo XIII
Each member includes deceased fellow members as well; and thus he knows that in
turn he will be included in the prayers of hundreds of thousands both now and hereafter.
This led the Cure of Ars to say:
"If anyone has the happiness of being in the
Confraternity of the Rosary, he has in all corners of the world brothers and
sisters who pray for him."
-Cure of Ars
14. Those who recite my Rosary faithfully are my beloved children, the brothers and sisters of Jesus Christ.
15. Devotion to my Rosary is a special sign of predestination.
Predestination in this context means that, by the sign which is present to a
person from the action of devoutly praying the Rosary, God has pre-ordained your salvation.
Absolute certainty of salvation can only be truly known if God reveals it to a
person because, although we are given sufficient Grace during life, our salvation
depends upon our response to said Grace.
Said another way, if God has guaranteed a person's salvation but has not revealed
it to Him, God would want that person to pray the Rosary because of all the benefits
and Graces obtained.
Therefore the person gets a hint by devotion to the Rosary.
This is not to say that praying the Rosary guarantees salvation - by no means.
In looking at promises #3 and #4 above, praying the Rosary helps one to live a holy life...
which is itself a great sign that a soul is on the road to salvation.
"Who hath predestinated us unto the adoption of
children through Jesus Christ unto himself: according to the purpose of his will:
Unto the praise of the glory of his grace, in which he hath graced us in his
beloved son. In whom we also are called by lot, being predestinated according
to the purpose of him who worketh all things according to the counsel of his will."